Saturday, July 27, 2013

Baxter 95% completed!!!

Just a little bit before the finish line gang, all the challenge levels are done, the power ups have been coded and tested too.  All it's missing are the few cutscenes and ending before this game is ready for it's final testing phase.

I've always tested each and every thing I code rather than wait until the last, since game breaking bugs tend to take me longer to fix, so I'd rather code it so it doesn't interfere with anything else.  Well, I don't know what other Construct 2 users call it, since it's more like "block coding" than actual text code like in C++.  But that is the beauty of this program, before I talk more about C2's future, allow me to present to you some screenshots of the challenge levels:


 Recognize this background from my first debug room?  Well this is a "sandwiched" elevator that's going down, watch your step!
 This level you're being chased by my soon to be infamous orange RC Hornets, only this one is more like a B52!

 It might be hard to tell from this shot, bit this whole level is an easter egg.  A reference to a very well known NES classic, not sure if I can get into trouble since all the art assets are my own, it's the structure the level takes.



Remember, these stages are one death only, it takes one portal to unlock it, but each death causes you to start over from the HUB room, including the 20 coin challenge.  This is the game's "HARDCORE" mode so to speak.

 ------------------------------------------------------------

So, Construct 2's team have finally been in contact with Nintendo.  Skipping technical jarble, what it could mean is that sometime down the road, C2 devs can create games for Nintendo's respective consoles!  It's huge news, and perhaps some killer apps could help the struggling WiiU, or see some success on the popular 3DS.  Either way, it's huge news.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Once the main game is done and tested, I'm going to whip up some more promotional images and a couple videos since I've totally neglected those during the development cycle.  After all, I'd feel pretty stupid if I didn't try to market my game.  I did make some amateur gameplay vids and a trailer, but you would rather see new stuff in action right?

After the promotional phase, I'll work on getting this game on steam.  Not entirely sure HOW, but this project didn't need a kickstarter campaign lol.   As for pricing, I'm still debating on it.  Originally I sought a $10 pricetag, but considering the economy, and not having a demographic at the get go, I should play it safe with a $5-6 dollar pricetag.  

Something to think about,

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment