Sunday, August 4, 2013

Offical new name: "Baxter's Venture"

Complete with new title screen!


This title screen is far cleaner than the one on the demo.  And if you look closer, each little "landmark" is a small hint on each act.  Also, I've removed the "Credits" button since it's now apart of the game's ending.

Whew, the game is about done just dwindling down the testing phase now.  Spent all last week whipping up cutscenes and going back and forth testing and playing making sure everything works.  It's an ordeal for one person, and while my artwork for this game is a bit crude, I hope that the gameplay makes up for it.

----------------------------------------------

August is going to be a big month for me in terms of games.  Got invited to FFXIV A Realm Reborn PS3 beta, which is about a week long... as if fate is telling me to go back into MMOs again.  Saints Row 4 is coming out at the end of August, and down the line are a ton of new games like GTA5, Watch Dogs, Arkham Origins.  Plus I moved to a new position at work that doesn't allow me to think up game ideas while I work, as it's keeping me busier than ever and I have to work later too.  At least I finally beaten The Last Of Us, scratch one game down.

Oy, good thing this game is just about finished.  I still need to work on a gameplay video and an updated trailer, and some promotional artwork.  Seems I can't make a video that doesn't look choppy or blurry since my old PC lacks a capture card.  If this game makes enough money I'm definitely going to make sure my next PC has one.  Just can't afford to buy anything right now thanks to my gaming habit.  I suppose I should sacrifice getting new games in favor of something that will help this game sell.

Speaking of which, I've settled on this game costing about 7.99.   While I thought five dollars might be too low and ten too high, I'm hoping eight dollars won't scare away anyone willing to try it.  I'm sure it'll get pirated like everything else, but not much I can do about that.

Anyway, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment