Sunday, December 22, 2013

Some updates

Hey gang, this one is kinda late.

I didn't get much this week done.  After a fit of nostalgia hitting me like a ton of bricks over Final Fantasy XI (An MMO I played off and on since '04) the temptation of logging on especailly during their short free campaign and prodding from some folks almost had me.  Luckily I had the whole game uninstalled and didn't want to deal with the very lengthy install from the client and the gigs of version updates.

The game changed so much that more things are soloable and when it comes to single player stuff that gets me excited even if the game is now two gens old, nonetheless it's passed, so time for an update.

Baxter's Pocket Venture 75% finished.  

  • Added invincibility powerup
  • Reginald flies a plane in some sections
  • Art assets finished save for a couple small items. 
All I need to do is construct the last four sections of the island, add some more sound effects, and try my hand at making achievements work.  Art went through another overhaul, to minimize framerate issues.

I did conjure an idea, instead of special stages instead you find a key in each section of the island.  The key stays on you until you take a hit and it disappears.  At the end of each section there is a treasure chest, just run into the chest and you get rewarded with extra lives.  The farther you get on the island the more lives you can get.  Remember, once you grab the key DO NOT GET HIT !

Testing on my phone the game ran between 13-29 FPS, and it's a pretty old model so it should preform well on newer Android models.

Depending on how my finances go, I'm looking at working on getting Greenlight access.  I know, I know I keep talking about it but I'm in a pinch at the moment.  I should dust off my youtube channel and put something up there.  However recently it seems they've greenlit a series of games, which usually is unheard of unless you're a popular brand or have a huge following.

Anyway, next week I want to aim to finish the levels, sounds, and other small gimmicks in time to work on achievements this weekend, and yes I'm going to work through Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment