Sunday, April 6, 2014

Baxter's Pocket Venture is official!

If you're just tuning in, take a look to the right of this page. I have uploaded both paid and free versions of Baxter's Pocket Venture on the Google Play store!

Now the free version has no ads, however gameplay has been limited.  So for those who are on the fence, you can try before you buy!  

It's been a journey figuring out how to get a Construct 2 game from start to finish on an app store, but I'm finally glad to have this finished.  What's better is that I also have a functional engine for future titles!  I'm hoping I make just enough revenue to purchase an Ipad so I can release the free and paid version on the istore as well.

So it looks like I'll be spending all week trying to promote this game anyway I can.  Then I'll tackle my next project:

Releasing "Baxter's Venture" in Greenlight.

In my past post, I paid the fee and have Steam installed on my machine.  I could easily just upload my game right now, but I want to go back and add some things, like an intro and fix a power up, add some levels, and some secrets I wanted to add before but just couldn't due to time constraints.  Also, Construct 2 has updated much since I released it, so I want to play through it to make sure stuff didn't get broken.

Edit: Well did a brief playthrough, and some graphics could use some cleaning up, but there were few bugs present like the music (might be a browser issue) not playing and some sounds are far too loud.  Also any level with water you are unable to dive into it.  Plus some areas tend to be a little unfair like with the lava spouts.

Well, this has been a busy weekend, I'm going to take the rest of the day to relax.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment