Saturday, April 5, 2014

Baxter's Pocket Venture releases soon!!

That's right! 

No more dilly-dally, shilly-shallying around.  The game is a mere hours away from Google Play!  Once it's published I'll post the URL here and a link to the side bar.

Originally, I was very close to releasing this game last weekend but didn't realize the steps I needed to take to get ads to work... which I couldn't do.  However, I'm willing to try something different instead.  The paid version is a mere 99 cents, but I will work on a free limited version of the game with a purchase prompt.  I'm looking at a limit of 3500 tokens or a timer, once either limit is reached the game will end.  Look at it as more of a demo, at least it won't have ads.

I know, I know, it's a huge risk that my or may not pay off.  The mobile market has gravitated towards the freemium games with in-app purchases, well I want to take a risk here.  Partially because I've become frustrated with the end game of this title's development and just wanted to get the completed version out already.  Or perhaps I'm still living in the past when it comes to gaming, I'd prefer the old "try before you buy" business model.   

Expect a free demo of the game within the next 24-48 hours, and of course I'll announce it as well.

------------------------

My next target is to pay for Greenlight and get started on releasing Baxter's Venture onto it.  I figured before I move on to anything else, I want to go back and see if I can improve some of the game mechanics on there and give it a Director's Cut approach.  After all, the game doesn't even have a decent intro, and I want to fix how annoying the double jump can be for certain levels.  

Even considering doing a lets play for the first act for my YouTube channel.

EDIT:  As of now, I am officially on Greenlight!!   


Well, one thing at a time right?  Thanks for your support and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment