Sunday, September 7, 2014

Baxter's Venture Director's Cut new screens

In case there are folks who missed my twitter feed.









The video is a bit dated, as the following screens show the graphical changes to Acts 1 + 2, with a little for Act 3.  I'm also going for one more playthrough and I've already found a few things I did overlook as I changed some levels around.  Finished rounding Act 4.  I wanted to make a video tonight, but I feel I should tend to testing this first.

This game has a ways to go if it's going to be on Steam, however I think I'll put this game for sale very soon in the Scirra store to help it gain some kind of exposure.

Originally, I have the tail attack a speed boost, but it has proven to be counter productive so I had to remove it.  Baxter is a little brighter so he stands out from the backgrounds more.

Also, in bigger news, GGWorks Games is officially a Wii U developer!  Still waiting on the Wii U plug in and will also be finding a way to raise money for a dev kit.  I've submitted an application to Microsoft for development access but haven't heard from them yet.  

--------------------------

I've been talking about this alot, but I will need to find some time to learn Unity, or C# if I want to continue to make videogames.  I have another idea for a game I will pitch to my soon-to-be Patreon account.  It's still in the planning stages so once Baxter's Venture Director's Cut is all done I can start on concept art.

I can say that this time I will make it pixelated, and the protagonist will be female.... NOT because of the whole gamergate mess, this idea I had cooking around February and decided this would be my next project.

--------------------------

You may notice ads popping up on this site soon, as well as content from Youtube as I now have my platform ready for my Youtube Channel: "Glendemonium"  The first in a hopefully long series stars a clumsy supervillain named "The Revenger" who's going to be played by the lead character from Watch Dogs who I'll dub with my voice.  Been doing some practice runs and nailed the tone, now I need to make it more humorous as the story of this guy is he's a bit of a lousy stalker accusing a high school crush and her "militia" for stalking him back, which evolves into him terrorizing the city in the name of "justice".  I'll have to draw out a storyboard intro to give you the idea of what I'm going for.

Alright!  That's all for tonight, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment