Sunday, February 1, 2015

Dodge-Fu! Smartphone/tablet game

Yes, I did sort of announced a horror themed game, but quite frankly it's another large scale project that I feel more comfortable working on when I'm familiar with a better engine for it, like Unity.

So for now, I'm redirecting my focus on another smartphone/tablet game dubbed "Dodge-Fu".

I'm keeping the concept a secret until release, but its NOT an endless runner.  I cannot disclose the engine as I'm working on three different engines to see which will be the best to port the game to both Android and Apple platforms.  

The game will have a few dodging mechanics, at least three modes of play with some unlockables.  The first mode will be a simple practice room where you try your dodging skills with counters for dodges and hits.

Second mode is endurance mode where you have to last as long as you can before getting knocked out.  It's more for scoring purposes and to see how far you can go before fatigue sets in.

Third mode is the real doozy:  Master's Challenge mode is similar do endurance but the speed gradually increases, and there is no end either, so this is more for hardcore dodgers who want to test their reflexes.


I've already found a great idea on how to market this game, and unlike Baxter's Pocket Venture I'll make sure to send out press kits/free games to willing Youtube personalities rather than wait for a bite from the game journalists on a slow week.  I want this game to be hectic enough for them to react, and a bit controversial if I play my cards right.

Speaking of BPV, if Dodge-Fu does well, I'm going to look at rereleasing BPV DX with updated graphics, achievements, and new areas to discover while collecting coins.

Oh, and none of this FTP stuff either.  I prefer to make games you buy and feel you have your moneys worth, ad free.  So I'm committed to that.

That's all for now folks, see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment